Saturday, December 12, 2009

Artist Erica Cassill, Transcendental Based Art






A friend gave me a heads up on artist Erica Cassil who is a Pittsburgh based artist. Check out her website!


Artist Statement for Erica Cassil:


Putting paint to paper has become more of a meditative process for me over the years, consummating the transcendental experience with a care-free desire to create. The images themselves are often inspired by nature, sacred art from the East, children's book illustrations, punk rock and the Pre-Raphaelites. I indulge in patterns that develop between land, sky, and water. Using a technique that I learned during my travels in South Asia, I form shapes and shadows out of layers of color, hatches and stipling. The images are not meant to glorify a particular faith but to unite the universal themes of honor, compassion , and love.


http://ericacassill.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment