Friday, July 5, 2013

Bill Curry Art Scam, emadamirudo1@gmail.com

This person was a little more creative with his approach.

1st Email:

Hi,

I'm Bill Curry from California. I was going through your works and my eyes
caught this particular piece,I want to purchase it as I am moving to a new
apartment next month. Kindly let me know if you still have the piece
available and also let me know it's final price and more information about
it. I will be waiting to read from you.
Regards,

Bill.



2nd Email:

Thanks for your prompt reply. I would prefer 12" x 16".

Unfortunately, I'm on my way to France on an official trip(I'm a marketing
Executive) and wont be back for another two weeks.

If you'd like to know, I'm relocating to South Africa soon and I'm trying
to gather some good stuff for my new abode.

However, I'll have to notify my shipper who's helping me move my stuff to
get set for the pick up of the piece from your place as I MIGHT be delayed
depending on how things goes.

PS: In the mean time, kindly get back to me with your contact address and
phone# so I can get a check prepared and have it mailed out to you right
away.

 
...
Eyes on Pittsburgh
Formerly the Pittsburgh Art Blog, Eyes on Pittsburgh focuses on cultural aspects of the region, including visual and performing arts, as well as locavore, development and environmental issues through original, analytical writing and interviews. Pittsburgh area galleries and art venues are listed at the sister site www.PghGalleries.com. The blog and website are volunteer projects from fine art photographer and Pittsburgh artist advocate rick byerly.

No comments:

Post a Comment