echo: Art Fair is open to local, regional and international fine artists who work in disciplines including painting, photography, sculpture, print, works on paper, video and combined-media. All works must be available for purchase and should not exceed $3,000.
Please e-mail submissions as outlined below to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. The submission fee is $25 for individual artists and $40 for galleries. The submission deadline is midnight EST, May 13, 2011. Applications received after the deadline will be subject to a $25 late fee. All fees are made payable to HandsOn Greater Buffalo using Paypal.
Submit up to three images of your work for consideration. Image submissions must be in JPG format, no larger than 3 MB each. Images should be labeled lastname_firstname.jpg (i.e. Smith_John.jpeg) The image you submit must be viewed in the booth at the art fair and you may choose to put your name, title, year, medium, and dimensions on the image, but this is not necessary.
Submit one image of each artist you intend to represent. Each gallery may submit up to five artists for consideration. Image submissions must be in JPG format, no larger than 3 MB each* Images should be labeled galleryname_artistlastname_artistfirstname.jpg (i.e. Albright_Knox_Smith_John.jpeg).
Accepted artists and galleries will be sent notifications on or by June 10, 2011. The booth/exhibition fees are $250 for a 10ft by 10ft booth and $450 for a 10ft by 15ft booth.
May 13, 2011: Deadline for Submission
By June 10, 2011: Notification to accepted artists sent by email
July 7 - July 8 (by 12pm EST), 2011: Accepted work must arrive at the Central Terminal for setup
July 9, 2011 (6:30pm EST), 2011: All work must be removed from the Central Terminal
By July 12, 2011: Shipped work will be sent
- All submitted work must be original by the artist.
- Artist notification will be sent by email@example.com with instructions included for exhibiting artists. Please set your spam filter to recognize this email notification.
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of echo: Fine Art for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation, catalog, web site, or on subsequent years’ prospectus. Image will include attribution wherever possible.
- Maximum dimensions of any finished entry cannot exceed 72” in any one direction. No exceptions.
- All accepted work must arrive at the Central Terminal on or before 12pm EST on July 8, 2011.
- Work cannot be withdrawn before 2pm on July 9, 2011.
- echo: Fine Art will not be responsible or liable for loss or damage to artwork from any cause whatsoever. Entering this exhibition shall constitute understanding and agreement on the part of the artist with the conditions stated. Insurance, if desired, must be carried by the artist.
image above of work by Robert Hirsch, titled Mannequin.
...The Pittsburgh Art Blog
The Pittsburgh Art Blog features selected pittsburgh artists and upcoming exhibits with photos from the artists and galleries. since the major press outlets do not go beyond a directory listing of exhibits, blogs are needed to promote pittsburgh artists and their work. the blog also calls attention to the inferiority complex of pittsburgh art and how it's perpetuated by the major players in town. Started on August 20,2007. pittsburgh area galleries and art venues are listed at the sister site www.PghGalleries.com.
the blog and website are volunteer projects from fine art photographer and pittsburgh artist advocate rick byerly.