Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Artists Eric Luden and Kris Boban at Zombo Gallery Lawrenceville


The ZOMBO Gallery presents "in stereo", the art of Eric Luden and Kris Boban. The show opens June 4th from 6-9pm.
Eric Luden
An art director friend once asked me why I rarely draw thin women in my designs. My response was that I find it more enjoyable to draw a curve than a straight line. My art education involved studying the work of cartoonist Don Martin in the pages of MAD Magazine as a child. Most of my previous work was done digitally, but now I discovered the fun of working with a brush and One Shot paint.
Kris Boban
My art is a blend of influences from traditional animation, graphic design, and world cultures. I often combines cute and/or direful creatures in melancholy or joyful humanistic situations.
Born in 1983 in New Jersey and a BFA graduate from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, I moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in animation. I quickly took notice of the beauty of LA and the evolving underground art scene. Deeply inspired by artists like Tim Biskup, Joe Ledbetter, Amanda Vissell, and Greg Simkins, I would paint and draw after-hours from my full-time job on Nickelodeon's "Yo Gabba Gabba!". My animation work grabbed the attention of JJ Abrams, Warner Bros, MTV and Paramount Pictures, and my work has been used for various popular brands seen around the world.
The ZOMBO Gallery is located at 4900 Hatfield St. in Lawrenceville.

they did a vid as well:


In Stereo at Zombo Gallery on June 4! from Kris Boban on Vimeo.


...

The Pittsburgh Art Blog

pittsburgh galleries is reborn anew as The Pittsburgh Art Blog. the blog features selected pittsburgh artists and upcoming exhibits with photos from the artists and galleries. since the major press outlets do not go beyond a directory listing of exhibits, blogs are needed to promote pittsburgh artists and their work. the blog also calls attention to the inferiority complex of pittsburgh art and how it's perpetuated by the major players in town. Started on August 20, 2007.pittsburgh area galleries and art venues are listed at the sister site www.PghGalleries.com.the blog and website are volunteer projects from fine art photographer and pittsburgh art advocate rick byerly, www.RickByerly.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment